Sunday, March 22, 2015

A work-in-progress story.

Hello, guys! This is a work-in-progress story that I'm writing. Here is the first chapter. I thought you might want to see it. So, here goes!


Chapter one

She’s mad at me. I knew she would be. I was expecting this. But I didn’t know how mad she would get. I run across a log over a small creek and keep running. I don’t want her to catch me. She runs right through the creek, silver high heels and all. Her dress gets muddy but she keeps running after me. I spot a tall tree and rush up it, she can follow me, but not in her getup. 

“HANNAH! YOU GET BACK HERE!” I keep climbing until I’m way up in the tree, and a good four feet above her head. Her heels have sunk into the dirt, her dress torn by brambles. Her hair has come down from her updo and her mascara is running. I’ve never seen my sister this mad. 
“HANNAH! WHY?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!” She’s not going to listen to me if I tell her why. She won’t believe me. 
“I’m sorry, Courtney. You don’t understand. I had to do it.” I’m right. She doesn’t listen. 
“OH! YOU HAD TO DO IT! YEAH, RIGHT! I DON’T UNDERSTAND, HANNAH! YOU LITTLE RAT! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THIS?!” She’s scratched her face, and I can see white lines on her red cheeks where her manicured nails have dug into the flesh. “You wouldn’t understand.” I say. 
“OH, I UNDERSTAND! I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY.” She’s glaring at me and trying to climb up to me. I know that if she catches me, she’ll scratch me worst than she’s scratched her face. 
“WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN MY WEDDING?!” I ruined her wedding because Ben, her would-be husband is a bad person.

1 comment:

  1. WAIT I LOVE THIS DO YOU HAVE STORYBIRD???? IF NOT YOU NEED TO GET IT NOW ITS MOSTLY FREE AND ITS SO SO SO SO AWESOME JUST SEARCH STORYBIRD AND IT WILL COME UP MY USERNAME IS ani_f CHECK IT OUT NOOOOW!!!

    ReplyDelete